Participate and win!
New round for the Start-Up Award and premiere for the Innovation Award. Both prizes are given in cooperation with the British publisher Europa Science.
Start-Up Award by LASER World of PHOTONICS handed out for the third time!
Participate in the innovation competition for new companies: The next Start-Up Award by LASER World of PHOTONICS will be handed out to a new company from Germany or abroad until April 12, 2019. Companies have the opportunity to apply with their new developments from all areas of optical technology! A top-level panel of judges will select the winners of the Start-Up Award, which is remunerated with prize money of EUR 5,000, from the finalists.
New in 2019: Innovation Award for the best product premiere!
Being the world’s leading trade fair, LASER World of PHOTONICS is an important platform for product premieres. From 2019 onwards we will select the most innovative product from all these premieres and honor it with the new Innovation Award. This new award by LASER World of PHOTONICS is remunerated with prize money of EUR 5,000.
The Award categories for the Innovation- and Start-Up Award are:
- Laser and optoelectronics / Illumination and energy
- Lasers and laser systems for production engineering
- Biophotonics and medical engineering
- Imaging / Sensors, test and measurement and optical measurement systems
- Manufacturing technology for optics
- Optical information and communication
Applications are to be made in English and use of the application form is mandatory.The submitted innovations and prototypes of the finalists selected by the expert jury will – with the consent of the companies - be communicated in the following media:
- LASER World of PHOTONICS 2019 website
- LASER World of PHOTONICS 2019 Visitor Guide
- Editorial coverage in specialist publications of Europa Science
- Poster presentation at Europa Science’s stand at the trade fair
The start-up company must be no more than 5 years old.
The submitted product is developed at least to the prototype stage.
Each start-up company may only submit one product or prototype.
The assessment criteria are:
- Innovativeness of the product
- Technological advantages
- Marketability / availability of the product
- Benefit or advantages for the user
- Commercial potential
- Attractiveness for investors
As a result of this assessment of all submissions, five finalists will be selected to compete for the Start-Up Award in the finals.
The five finalists will be duly informed and invited to present their solutions at LASER World of PHOTONICS 2019 in Munich. A free exhibition area at the Start-Up joint pavilion will be available to them. The winners will be announced following a live pitch on June 25, 2019 from 10:00 on the stage of the Photonics Forum “Lasers Materials Processing” in hall A3.
The prices are:
1st price: a Start-Up Award and EUR 5,000
2nd price: a Start-Up Award and a table top at LASER World of PHOTONICS 2021
3rd price: a Start-Up Award
Entry requirements for the Innovation Award:
All exhibitors and co-exhibitors (including their partners) at LASER World of PHOTONICS 2019 can apply.
The innovation can be based on a newly developed component, a system / installation, a new process or a new kind of service.
The submitted innovation must not be more than 12 months old.
The innovation (component, product, system, service, process, etc.) must be available as a marketable or operational solution at the time of submission and must be presented at the exhibitor's stand during the trade fair.
The assessment criteria are:
- The degree of technological innovation inherent to the product / solution
- The practical benefits or increase in economic efficiency for users
- The advantage over previously available products / solutions on the market
- The market potential
- The effects on existing solution environments
- Reasons for developing the product
After assessing all submissions, they will select two finalists for every award category that will proceed to the finals.
The Innovation Award winner will then be selected from these top 16 innovations. The nominated company will be notified in good time and will receive an invitation to attend the award ceremony. The award ceremony will be held at LASER World of PHOTONICS 2019 in Munich on our exhibitor evening on Monday, June 24, 2019. At least one representative of the nominated company is required to attend this event.